Connect with us

U.S.

Claudia Conway Trends on Twitter for TikTok Comments About Trump and Her Mother

Published

on

  • Claudia Conway, the daughter of former Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway, trended on Twitter after posting comments and videos on TikTok.
  • In one viral comment, Claudia claimed President Trump was still very sick with COVID. She also shared a video of Kellyanne yelling at her for saying that she lied about testing positive.
  • Claudia deleted the video and issued a correction, saying she misinterpreted the situation.
  • Many people responded on Twitter by applauding Claudia, saying her insider information is more trusted than what the White House is saying, but others pushed back, arguing she should not be trusted and that she was not a real insider source.
  • Some people also accused Kellyanne of engaging in abusive behavior both in the now-deleted video of her yelling at Claudia and for exposing her to COVID in the first place.

Claudia Conway Trends on Twitter

Claudia Conway, the 15-year-old daughter of former top White House advisor Kellyanne Conway, became a top trending topic on Twitter Monday after posting about the president and her mother, both of whom tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.

Claudia, who is known in her own right for her anti-President Donald Trump TikToks, has been especially active on the platform since breaking the news over the weekend that her mother tested positive for the coronavirus. She later confirmed that she too had tested positive in another post.

However, the teenager’s most recent waves on social media came from two specific instances. 

The first being a now-deleted video where her mother can be heard yelling at her for posts she made on TikTok.

“You’ve caused so much disruption,” the elder Conway said. “You’ve lied about your f****** mother, about COVID?”

Claudia responds by telling her mother “it’s how I interpreted it,” and the video cuts out after she pans to Kellyanne, who says, “Interpreted it? You’re taping me again?” 

That interaction appeared to follow remarks Claudia posted questioning the timing of her mother’s COVID tests. In a comment on one of her videos from the day Kellyanne tested positive Claudia claimed that her mother “lied to me today and said her test was negative when it literally wasn’t and i spent all day around her.” 

Claudia, however, appears to have deleted that comment, as well as several other videos. On Monday, she posted TikTok clarifying what had happened.

“Little clarification from my previous posts,” she wrote, while Kellyanne can be heard in the background giving her directions on what to say. “my mother claims that she did not lie to me. she had three tests done. first negative, second two positive. we were not in communication. i misinterpreted it.”

Claudia’s Comments About Trump

The second reason Claudia Conway trended on Twitter was because of comments she made on TikTok about President Trump’s health.

On Monday, she responded to a video posted by another user sharing images of Trump’s tweets saying he was leaving the hospital and that he was doing well. 

“Guys lmao he’s not doing ‘better,’” she wrote in those comments, which appear to now be deleted. He is so ridiculous. apparently he is doing badly lol and they are doing what they can to stabilize him.”

That claim has not been verified, but if true, it would clearly contradict the White House narrative that Trump is doing well and that he is recovered enough to be released. In response to this serious allegation, many social media users cheered Claudia. 

One user called her the “supreme whistleblower,” and others argued that she should be trusted over the Trump administration.

“Why is that the only person with insider knowledge being forthright and honest about Trump’s health is Claudia Conway?” author and commentator Amy Siskind tweeted.

“These are dire times where Claudia Conway on Tik Tok appears to give more reliable information about the health of the President of the United States of America than Sean Conly, Trump’s own doctor,” another user wrote.

On the other side, plenty of people also argued that the information she shared was not verified, and that a teenage girl should not be a trusted source.

“Claudia Conway is a sixteen year old girl,” Buzz Patterson, a Republican Congressional candidate for California tweeted, incorrectly stating Claudia’s age. “Pretty outrageous that Twitter and other news sources are using her as a source of credibile information.”

“Liberals think 15-year-old teenager Claudia Conway knows more about Trump’s COVID condition than his doctors,” another user tweeted.

Kellyanne, for her part, also chimed in on Twitter, seeming to respond to Claudia’s claim that the elder Conway was lying about her tests, as well as Claudia’s comments about Trump. 

While giving a positive status update of her and Claudia’s conditions in one tweet on Monday, Kellyanne wrote, “As soon as dr confirmed positive, I told my family & then went public.”

“My daughter, Claudia, is beautiful & brilliant,” she wrote in another tweet shortly after. “She has access to top doctors & health care & lives comfortably Like all of you, she speculates on social media Yet she’s 15 You are adults We have COVID, but it’s clear who’s really sick.”

Abuse Allegations

But that post, specifically, received a lot of backlash. Many people responded by saying Kellyanne had basically put her daughter in harm’s way by not being safe herself.

“She’s 15, and you exposed her to COVID because you couldn’t act like a responsible adult for ONE day, not even for your *own child*,” one user wrote. “She could end up permanently damaged because of her own mother. Congratulations @KellyannePolls, you’ve set a new record for Worst Parent Ever.” 

“If you are unable to protect your 15-year-old daughter, then find other family members to help you. Use your vast resources and money to seek professional help and family counseling,” another said in response to Kellyanne’s tweet. “Don’t just blame others for what is your solemn responsibility as a mother.”

Some also argued that that the video of Kellyanne yelling at Claudia, the correction video, and just kind of this whole situation constitutes abuse.

“Okay jokes aside its really apparent IMO Claudia Conway is being harmed in some way?” one user tweeted. “So I think that should be kept in mind. Like her parents knowingly exposed her to COVID.”

“Really important to note that Claudia Conway is, above all, a teenager living in an abusive household just trying to seek help” another user wrote. 

To that point, multiple other people also argued that these videos are a cry for help. Some pointed to a livestream Claudia did right after the interaction with Kellyanne. In the stream, Claudia speaks in gibberish, saying she’s doing so because she’s scared of her mother.

Others also noted a specific moment in that stream where people in the comments tell her to take out an earring if she was in danger, and she does.

“Don’t do anything. It’s okay, I’m good,” she says. “I’m good. Like, there’s nothing anyone can do, so.” 

Notably, this is not the first time questions of Claudia Conway’s welfare have been brought up. In August, after it was reported that the teenager was seeking emancipation, she took to Twitter to address swirling rumors.

“i’m not getting emancipated because of my mom’s job.. it is because of years of childhood trauma and abuse,” she wrote.

See what others are saying: (Business Insider) (Vulture) (The National Post)

U.S.

Conservatives Slam Elmo For Getting Vaccinated Against COVID-19 

Published

on

While critics accused the muppet of promoting propaganda, CDC data shows the shots are safe and effective.


Elmo Gets Vaccinated 

Conservative politicians expressed outrage on Twitter after the beloved “Sesame Street” character Elmo revealed he got vaccinated against COVID-19 on Tuesday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently cleared the way for children between the ages of six months and five years to get vaccinated against the virus. The famous red muppet is three years old, making him finally eligible for the jab. 

In a video shared by “Sesame Street,” Elmo said that he felt “a little pinch, but it was okay.” 

Elmo’s father, Louie, then addressed parents who might be apprehensive about vaccinating their own kids. 

“I had a lot of questions about Elmo getting the COVID vaccine,” he said to the camera. “Was it safe? Was it the right decision? I talked to our pediatrician so I could make the right choice.” 

“I learned that Elmo getting vaccinated is the best way to keep himself, our friends, neighbors, and everyone else healthy and enjoying the things they love,” he continued. 

Republicans Criticize “Sesame Street”

While some praised the video for raising awareness and addressing the concerns parents may have, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tx) quickly lambasted the effort.

“Thanks, Sesame Street for saying parents are allowed to have questions,” Cruz tweeted. “You then have Elmo aggressively advocate for vaccinating children UNDER 5. But you cite ZERO scientific evidence for this.”

Despite Cruz’s claim, the CDC has provided ample resources with information on vaccines for children. 

He was not alone in criticizing the video. Harmeet Dhillon, a committeewoman of the Republican National Committee for California, suggested that Elmo would be taking puberty blockers next. 

Other anti-vaxxers claimed Elmo would get myocarditis and accused “Sesame Street” of promoting propaganda.

COVID-19 vaccines have been proven to be both safe and effective against transmission of the virus, but this is not the first time conservatives have turned their anger against a friendly-looking muppet who opted to get the jab. When Big Bird got vaccinated in November, Cruz and other right-wing figures accused the show of brainwashing kids.

Big Bird’s choice to get vaccinated was not a shocker though, clips dating back to 1972 show him getting immunized against the measles. 

See what others are saying: (CNN) (The Hill) (Market Watch)

Continue Reading

U.S.

Uvalde Puts Police Chief on Leave, Tries to Kick Him Off City Council

Published

on

If Pete Arredondo fails to attend two more consecutive city council meetings, then he may be voted out of office.


Police Chief Faces Public Fury

Uvalde School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo was placed on administrative leave Wednesday following revelations that he and his officers did not engage the shooter at Robb Elementary for over an hour despite having adequate weaponry and protection.

Superintendent Hal Harrell, who made the announcement, did not specify whether the leave is paid or unpaid.

Harrell said in a statement that the school district would have waited for an investigation to conclude before making any personnel decisions, but chose to order the administrative leave because it is uncertain how long the investigation will take.

Lieutenant Mike Hernandez, the second in command at the police department, will assume Arredondo’s duties.

In an interview with The Texas Tribune earlier this month, Arredondo said he did not consider himself in charge during the shooting, but law enforcement records reviewed by the outlet indicate that he gave orders at the scene.

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw told state senators on Tuesday that some officers wanted to enter the classrooms harboring the shooter but were stopped by their superiors.

He said officer Ruben Ruiz tried to move forward into the hallway after receiving a call from his wife Eva Mireles, a teacher inside one of the classrooms, telling him she had been shot and was bleeding to death.

Ruiz was detained, had his gun taken away, and was escorted off the scene, according to McCraw. Mireles later died of her wounds.

Calls for Arredondo to resign or be fired have persisted.

Emotions Erupt at City Council

Wednesday’s announcement came one day after the Uvalde City Council held a special meeting in which community members and relatives of victims voiced their anger and demanded accountability.

“Who are you protecting?” Asked Jasmine Cazares, sister of Jackie Cazares, a nine-year-old student who was shot. “Not my sister. The parents? No. You’re too busy putting them in handcuffs.”

Much of the anger was directed toward Arredondo, who was not present at the meeting but was elected to the city council on May 7, just over two weeks before the massacre.

“We are having to beg ya’ll to do something to get this man out of our faces,” said the grandmother of Amerie Jo Garza, a 10-year-old victim. “We can’t see that gunman. That gunman got off easy. We can’t take our frustrations out on that gunman. He’s dead. He’s gone. … Ya’ll need to put yourselves in our shoes, and don’t say that none of ya’ll have, because I guarantee you if any of ya’ll were in our shoes, ya’ll would have been pulling every string that ya’ll have to get this man off the council.”

One woman demanded the council refuse to grant Arredondo the leave of absence he had requested, pointing out that if he fails to attend three consecutive meetings the council can vote him out for abandoning his office.

“What you can do right now is not give him, if he requests it, a leave of absence,” she said. “Don’t give him an out. We don’t want him. We want him out.”

After hearing from the residents, the council voted unanimously not to approve the leave of absence.

On Tuesday, Uvalde’s mayor announced that Robb Elementary is set to be demolished, saying no students or teachers should have to return to it after what happened.

We make it a point to not include the names and pictures of those who may have been seeking attention or infamy and will not link out to websites that might contain such information.

Continue Reading

U.S.

Texas Public Safety Director Says Police Response to Uvalde Shooting Was An “Abject Failure”

Published

on

New footage shows officers prepared to engage the shooter one hour before they entered the classroom.


Seventy-Seven Deadly Minutes

Nearly a month after the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas that killed 19 children and two teachers, evidence has emerged indicating that police were prepared to engage the shooter within minutes of arriving, but chose to wait over an hour.

The shooting at Robb Elementary began at 11:33 a.m., and within three minutes 11 officers are believed to have entered the school, according to surveillance and body camera footage obtained by KVUE and the Austin American Statesman.

District Police Chief Pete Arredondo reportedly called a landline at the police department at 11:40 a.m. for help.

“It’s an emergency right now,” he said. “We have him in the room. He’s got an AR-15. He’s shot a lot… They need to be outside the building prepared because we don’t have firepower right now. It’s all pistols.”

At 11:52 a.m., however, the footage shows multiple officers inside the school armed with at least two rifles and one ballistic shield.

Law enforcement did not enter the adjoined classrooms to engage the shooter until almost an hour later, at 12:50 p.m. During that time, one officer’s daughter was inside the classrooms and another’s wife, a teacher, reportedly called him to say she was bleeding to death.

Thirty minutes before law enforcement entered the classrooms, the footage shows officers had four ballistic shields in the hallway.

Frustrated Cops Want to Go Inside

Some of the officers felt agitated because they were not allowed to enter the classrooms.

One special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety arrived about 20 minutes after the shooting started, then immediately asked, “Are there still kids in the classrooms?”

“It is unknown at this time,” another officer replied.

“Ya’ll don’t know if there’s kids in there?” The agent shot back. “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there.”

“Whoever is in charge will determine that,” the other officer responded.

According to an earlier account by Arredondo, he and the other officers tried to open the doors to the classrooms, but found them both locked and waited for a master key to arrive. But surveillance footage suggests that they never tried to open the doors, which a top Texas official has confirmed were never actually locked.

One officer has told reporters that within minutes of the police response, there was a Halligan bar, which firefighters use to break down locked doors, on-site, but it was never used.

At a special State Senate committee hearing Monday, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw called the police response an “abject failure” and “antithetical to everything we’ve learned over the last two decades since the Columbine massacre.”

“The only thing stopping a hallway of dedicated officers from (entering rooms) 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children,” he said. “The officers have weapons, the children had none.”

We make it a point to not include the names and pictures of those who may have been seeking attention or infamy and will not link out to websites that might contain such information.

Continue Reading