Connect with us

Entertainment

Thousands of Disney+ Accounts Are Being Resold Illegally, but Disney Says Its Servers Weren’t Hacked

Published

on

  • A cyber-security researcher discovered that since the streaming service launched last week, more than 4,000 Disney+ accounts were hacked and put up for sale on the dark web.
  • Some of those stolen accounts are being sold for as little as $3.
  • There is also fear that hackers could use the stolen accounts to access other Disney-linked accounts, such as ones for theme park tickets or the Disney Store.
  • A Disney spokesperson said Disney servers have not been hacked, which suggests that individual users were instead.

Disney+ Accounts Hacked

Thousands of Disney+ accounts have been hacked and are being re-sold on the dark web just a week after the streaming service went live in North America.

In its first day alone, over 10 million people signed up for the service. Many then flooded social media either to talk about old shows they were re-watching or to complain about the site crashing. At the same time, however, a smaller group of people reported that their accounts had been stolen.

Even on November 12th, the day Disney+ was released, people said they were receiving multiple emails telling them their emails and passwords had been changed. 

The problem only grew over the weekend as people tweeted pictures of users on their profiles that they did not recognize. Other people said hackers had changed their emails and passwords multiple times, resulting in those users being locked out of their accounts altogether.

Others reported waiting on the phone for hours to get their accounts back, Some customers were ultimately successful while others remained locked out.

How Much Are These Accounts Going For?

A subscription to Disney+ is about $7 dollars a month, but according to an investigation by ZDNet, the stolen accounts were being posted for sale from anywhere between $3 and $11. The site also reports that some accounts were being shared freely.

In its own investigation, the BBC brought in a cyber-security researcher to look into those claims, and in an article posted Tuesday morning, that researcher found more than 4,000 Disney+ accounts for sale on the dark web. 

Source: BBC

In fact, the listings for stolen accounts not only show what kind of subscription a person bought but also where that subscription was bought, when the user signed up, and when the account expires.

Source: ZDNet

Stolen Disney Accounts Could Result in More Stolen Data

But the problem doesn’t stop with just Disney+ accounts.

It’s likely that many of the accounts were probably stolen because people use the same passwords for different sites. Because of that, it’s possible that some Disney+ accounts were hacked by using other accounts that had already been hacked.

That, however, can also work in reverse since Disney accounts are linked together. That fear has led to worry that people’s Disneyland or Disneyworld tickets may also be compromised.

In fact, some people have already complained that their Disney Vacation Club accounts had been hacked along with Disney+.

Disney Denies Their Servers Were Hacked

For its part, Disney has said that it doesn’t believe that its systems have been compromised.

“Disney takes the privacy and security of our users’ data very seriously and there is no indication of a security breach on Disney+,” a spokesperson said. 

That, however, does not mean that a problem with hacked accounts does not exist; rather, the data was likely stolen in another way, such as through repeated passwords.

Because of that, many who had been hacked have called for Disney+ to implement a two-factor authentication system. Such a system would not protect an individual falling victim to spyware or malware attacks, which are believed to have also played a role in the hacks. 

See what others are saying: (Fox Business) (CNBC) (CNN)

Entertainment

Bill Nye’s $28M Lawsuit Against Disney Headed to Trial

Published

on

  • Bill Nye will take Disney to trial under allegations that the company shortchanged him and his partners $28 million for his 1990s television series. 
  • The “Science Guy” claims that he is personally owed at least $9.4 million. 
  • Nye filed a complaint in 2017 and a Los Angeles judge just ruled that the case will go to trial.
  • The trial will take place in May 2020 over a span of 10 days, according to the ruling.

Judge Gives Green Light

Bill Nye, popularly known as the “Science Guy,” has been granted permission to take his case against the Walt Disney Company to trial.

Nye alleges that Disney failed to pay him and his partners $28.1 million in revenue from his hit 1990s television show, “Bill Nye the Science Guy.” He claims he alone is owed at least $9.4 million.

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled on Thursday that a 10-day trial will occur in May 2020 to address the allegations.

Multi-Year Process 

The television personality filed suit in 2017, questioning Disney’s Buena Vista Television, who handled the accounting.

According to the complaint, Buena Vista Television came to a written agreement with Nye and the other owners of the show in which they agreed to “promote, market, and distribute the show.” Nye and his partners said that under this deal they were entitled to 50% of the net profit, but were shortchanged. 

Nye said he became suspicious of the accuracy of his paychecks after Disney claimed they made an “accounting error” in 2008. At that time, the company insisted that he repay them thousands of dollars that they had sent him a few months earlier. 

“Bill Nye the Science Guy” ran on PBS for five seasons between 1993-1998 and was screened in classrooms nationwide for educational purposes.

See what others are saying: (Los Angeles Times) (Fox News) (Hollywood Reporter)

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Cardi B Defends Offset From Cheating Accusations Citing Alleged Instagram Hack

Published

on

  • Sarah “Jade” Wattley, the girlfriend of rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine, recently showed a flirty DM sent to her from Migos Rapper Offset’s Instagram account. 
  • Soon after, Offset and his wife, rap superstar Cardi B, brushed off the rumors and explained that his account had been hacked.
  • It is unclear at this time if authorities have been contacted over the issue, but as of now, no person has been named responsible for the hack. 

Flirty DM Surfaces

Rapper Cardi B defended her husband Offset from cheating allegations Tuesday saying that a message he allegedly sent to another woman was actually the work of a hacker. 

The Migos rapper was recently accused of flirting with Sarah “Jade” Wattley, the girlfriend of rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine. 

In a video recently posted on Jade’s Instagram account, she recorded herself opening a direct message from Offet’s verified account. The message, sent at 1:36 a.m. read: “Miss u  fr.”

In the caption of her now-deleted post, Jade slammed Offset for the DM, saying: “Your wife @iamcardib has a OPEN CRIMINAL CASE , why are you writing me you don’t respect her ??????? Theirs a lot of s— I haven’t exposed yet , but there’s a time for that 😭😭😭🌈 I’m the QUEEN 👑 of talking s— now I’m backing it up 🎼😂🤡.”

The message sparked a wave of backlash from fans who noted that Cardi and Offset had already reconciled their marriage after previous reports of Offset cheating. On top of that, Cardi and Jade and known to have a tense history with one another.

Earlier this year, Cardi was indicted on 14 charges, including two counts of felony assault with the intent to cause injury after she was accused of ordering an attack on Jade and another bartender at a New York Strip club last year. 

Some reports indicate that the attack stemmed from rumors that Jade had slept with Offset, though Jade has denied having any relationship with him several times.  Another rumor suggests that the fight was prompted by a “drink being spilled on Cardi, whose actions have been described as ‘spontaneous and completely unpremeditated,’” the Daily Mail reports.

Cardi Defends Offset 

Cardi quickly defended her husband against cheating rumors, saying that his account was hacked. 

In a video posted on her social media, Cardi explains that they were woken up with news of the hack. In the background, another person is shown trying to regain access to Offert’s account. 

“Babe, I know you done some dumb s—, everybody know he’s done some dumb s—, but c’mon, n—s ain’t dumb, n—s ain’t crazy,” she said.  “We’ve been so good, we had a sweet weekend, life has been good,” Cardi added. “That’s why I ain’t getting no rowdy. Simple as that. Okay, love you guys.”

In additional videos, Offset explained that his email had been compromised, giving his hacker access to his account. He said he’s been dealing with this issue for months and has also had unreleased songs leaked because of it. 

Interset users also posted screenshots of tweets sent from his official account that seem to signal a potential hack. 

Still Jade hit back at the hacker claims saying, ‘the hack started after you got exposed.” “Why it didn’t start at 1 am,” she added.

If Offset and Cardi’s claims are true, it is unclear at this time if authorities have been contacted over the issue. As of now, no person has been named responsible for the hack. However, celebrity social media hacks are by no means uncommon and have been known to even impact major executives, including Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. 

See what others are saying: (E! News) (XXL Magazine) (PEOPLE

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Celebrities Praise Pop Star Kim Petras for Posing in Front of Anti-LGBTQ Protestors

Published

on

  • After billboards for singer Kim Petras suddenly appeared near the Westboro Baptist Chuch headquarters, the church asked members to picket outside of the transgender singers’ Kansas City concert.
  • Petras responded by holding a photo shoot in front of the protestors while dressed in a black thong bodysuit and thigh-high boots.
  • Fans and celebs have since flooded Petras’ social media with praise and support for her response. 

Westboro Baptist Church Calls for Protest 

Celebrities are praising transgender pop star Kim Petras for trolling Westboro Baptist churchgoers who were protesting outside of her show in Kansas City, Missouri on Sunday. 

A few weeks before the concert, four Kim Petras billboards suddenly appeared in Topeka, Kansas where the headquarters of the infamously anti-LGBTQ church is located. Though it was unclear who was responsible for the suspiciously placed signs, the singer seemed to approve of the move. 

The church, which is known for its inflammatory hate speech, later issued a statement calling for its members to picket outside of her Kansas City show. In the statement, the church repeatedly misgenders her and calls her a “sad soul.”

But Petras hit back with a statement of her own.

In a social media post, Petras wrote, “this is my official statement on wbc picketing my show in kansas tomorrow. this is the energy i’m bringing n it should be yours too.” The post also featured a video compilation of Petras meeting fans and performing in music videos over Famous Dex’s track “Hoes Mad.”

Kim Petras’ Photo Shoot 

Members of the ultra-conservative church followed through on their promise to protest and stood outside the venue holding signs like “God still hates f**s.” 

But Petras once again fired back with a unique response. The singer took the opportunity to hold a photo shoot in front of the protestors. In a video posted to her social media, Petras drops her coat and poses in a black thong bodysuit and thigh-high boots while the picketers stand in the background. The caption on the post reads, “update: hoes still mad…” 

View this post on Instagram

update. hoes still mad …

A post shared by KIM PETRAS (@kimpetras) on

The comments under her Instagram post quickly flooded with support from fans and fellow celebrities. Demi Lovato commented “YAAASSSS,” while Katy Perry wrote “Icon.” 

“Stay winning bb girl,” Madison Beer responded, with Tinashe writing “Yuppppp.”

James Charles simply commented “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA,” meanwhile Tyler Oakley added, “This is holy to me.” 

According to Insider, when asked for a comment about Petras’ post the Westboro Baptist church said it’s “happy” that Petras is “helping get the following message from Christ out to the masses,” and included a Bible excerpt of Matthew 19:4-6 in its email.

See what others are saying: (Insider) (Uproxx) (Entertainment Tonight

Continue Reading